KNEA ESP Award
The ESP Award is established to recognize contributions by an educational support professional member for his/her efforts to advance the KNEA and ESP activities within the Association in one or more of the following areas:
- Innovations to support the day-to-day educational process;
- Professional achievements in his or her classification;
- Involvement in promoting public education in the community; and
- Enhancement of educational support professionals’ image in the Association, work site or community.
The nominee must have been a member of the KNEA for at least three years prior to the date of nomination. Members of the KNEA Board of Directors and members of the KNEA ESP Task Force are not eligible during their terms of appointment, unless retiring from the profession at the end of the year in which nominated. Nominations may be submitted by local associations or by individuals working through their local association officers.
Any KNEA member or local affiliate may nominate an individual to the KNEA ESP Award by completing a nomination form and submitting it by February 2 of each year. Nominations must be signed by the nominator and include proof of the nominator’s KNEA membership or affiliation. Nominations should contain information on the following key points:
- Name and address of the candidate, and name and address of the individual or local association nominating the candidate;
- A statement of no more than 100 words describing the candidate’s contributions listed above in the ‘Purpose’; and
- A listing of the activities with which the nominee has been involved regarding those items listed above in the ‘Purpose’.
All nominees must comply with the nomination guidelines. The five-member KNEA Selection Committee, appointed by the President, will review all nominations to ensure eligibility and submission requirements have been met.
The Selection Committee may recommend a candidate to the KNEA Board of Directors for approval.
The Board is not required to make an annual award.
If a nominee is selected for the award, the award will be presented at the KNEA Representative Assembly. At the discretion of the KNEA President, the nominee may be considered for nomination at the State National ESP Of the Year Nominee for the Kansas NEA Affiliate.
PLEASE NOTE: The deadline for submitting a nomination form is 5 p.m. on Feb. 1 of each year or the next business day if Feb. 1 falls on a Saturday or Sunday.CLICK HERE to download the nomination form.