Use the following resources to investigate avenues for eliminating your student debt.
FEDERAL STUDENT LOAN FORGIVENESS PROGRAMS (NOTE: The deadline to apply for Public Service Loan Forgiveness is Oct. 31, 2022.): https://studentaid.gov/pslf/
- Create your FSA ID
- Access your current student loans
- Update your contact info
- Apply for the PSLF Waiver (Oct. 31 Deadline!)
- Apply for the PSLF Program
- Consolidate FFEL or Perkins loans into a direct loan
MEMBERS ONLY STUDENT DEBT NAVIGATOR, SAVI: https://bit.ly/KNEA_SAVI
- SAVI is an online tool that will analyze your debt, search for forgiveness programs you may be eligible for, and provide you ways to reduce or eliminate your debt.
NEA RESOURCES FOR MANAGING YOUR STUDENT DEBT: https://www.nea.org/your-rights-workplace/student-debt-support/navigate-your-student-debt?utm_source=studentdebt&utm_medium=toolkit&utm_campaign=stateaffiliates